Natural Anti Inflammatories for Arthritis and Joint Pain
Have You Considered Natural Anti Inflammatories for Your Joint Pain?
Arthritis is a disease that affects the joints causing uncomfortable inflammation. This disease affects both men and women and is particularly common among the elderly and obese people. It is also more likely to occur in people with jobs that stress particular joints.
However, younger people can also develop arthritic or pain joint conditions usually as the result of a joint injury, a joint malformation, or a genetic defect in joint cartilage.
Before the age of 45, more men than women have osteoarthritis; after age 45, it is more common in women. It is also more likely to occur in people who are overweight and in those with jobs that stress particular joints.
Time To Look At Natural Anti Inflammatory Options for Your Joint Pain
Common symptoms include pain, swelling, joint inflammation, weight loss, inability to sleep, difficulty in using your hands or walking, tenderness and weight loss.
In extreme cases, the patient might experience decreased aerobic fitness, muscle weakness and loss of flexibility.
This limits the movement of the person especially when the legs are severely affected.
Normally, arthritis is treated using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, also known as NSAIDS. These give symptomatic relief to the condition as there are no known cures.
We are discovering that more and more people have started incorporating natural remedies and natural anti inflammatories as they are cost-effective and readily available.
- Unsaponifiables - A combination of the oils found in soy beans and avocadoes has been found to immensely alleviate the pain in osteoarthritis patients. However, no matter how many of the foods one takes, there will be little effect on the pain. Experts believe Avocado Soybean Unsaponifiables (ASU) slows the production of certain inflammatory chemicals the body makes. This may help prevent the breakdown of cartilage. It only works best when the oils are retrieved from the soy beans and avocado and incorporated in medicine concentration
- Acupuncture has been widely embraced as treatment for several conditions including arthritis. It has the ability to stimulate the secretion of serotonin and endorphins which naturally relieve pain. One should be careful when using this method as it can be dangerous when incorrectly applied. You should certainly choose you therapist carefully and do comprehensive checks into the background of his therapist. It should also be noted that acupuncture treatment is also usually expensive.
- Yoga focuses on taking concentration away from the pain by form of relaxation. This practice can eradicate the pain for some time. It is only effective for a short time hence the patient needs to substitute it with other medications.
- Ginger is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. These can be found in capsules, raw form, cooked food or tea. Ginger is not known to have any side effects when used in the required amounts. Nevertheless, it can cause health issues when used in large doses.
- Garlic works by improving blood circulation in the body. This helps transport oxygen to all the parts hence alleviating the pain in painful joints. It also works by repairing the area and taking away harmful deposits. You can consume garlic in capsules, cooked food or raw form.
- Epsom salt helps deal with pain when put in a bath tub full of water as hot as one can stand. One should soak in it for half an hour constantly adding hot water when the temperatures reduce. This method is conversely not good for those with kidney or heart disease. Too much use of the salt can cause cramps, nausea, muscle weakness, diarrhea and heart abnormalities.
- Natural Anti Inflammatory Supplements; with so many of these coming into the market it is difficult to know where to begin. To get you started in the right direction:
As much as these treatment options are great with little or no side effects, they probably cannot be exclusively used as arthritis treatments.